Aluminum bridge design
We offer advanced design aluminum bridge decking technologies that provide you with clear advantages over traditional steel and concrete construction.
Bridge decking technologies
We offer two aluminum bridge decking technologies:
- Aluminum isotropic deck technology
- Aluminum orthotropic deck technology
Both have been successfully tried and tested on bridge deck projects for decades. Evaluations funded by the U.S. Federal Highway Administration show that aluminum decking is viable for many bridge applications.
Aluminum in bridges
Complete more projects, at lower cost and in less time – and also minimize traffic disruptions during rehabilitation and repairs.
Aluminum bridge technologies are strong alternatives to traditional steel and concrete constructions because:
- Aluminum facilitates rehabilitation versus replacement
- The metal is easily and profitably recycled
- Lower maintenance costs lead to lower lifecycle costs
- Decreased dead load allows old bridges to be widened on existing substructure
- Time is saved with pre-assembly options for bridge decks or bridge replacement